I saw this adorable Christmas Quiz on Southern Cinderella
‘s blog last week and I thought it was a cute idea!
So here goes!
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
I love both! I can only drink a little egg nog at a time though it’s way too rich to drink a huge glass.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps presents and puts them out when we are sleeping Christmas Eve!
3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house?
We use white lights so I tend to prefer white lights, but some people have really pretty displays with colored lights!
4. Do you have mistletoe?
Nope can’t say that we ever have
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desserts)?
Dang desserts are my favorite…I would have to say deep fried turkey or roast and of course mashed potatoes!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I always loved getting dressed up to go to church on Christmas Eve then going over my grandparent’s house. We would eat and open presents and we would always fall asleep on the way home! I also loved my aunt reading The Polar Express…it’s one of my favorites!
8. Do you open a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes we do! Usually immediate family gives gifts to each other, then Christmas morning is Santa’s gifts
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
There’s no Santa?!?!?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We use white lights then decorate with all the ornaments we can fit on it! The ornaments all have some type of meaning, like things we were doing the past year or something that we love. I get a lot of Gators ornaments or Bulldog ornaments or Elvis ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or hate it?
HATE IT! I live in the south for a reason!
12. Can you ice skate?
Barely! I’ve been a few times but normally hug the sides of the rink for dear life.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Sure do-my stuffed zebra from my grandparents. I just loved him and I still sleep with him! I’ve had him for about 15 years.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The past few years it’s been getting to see my family. I don’t see them as often as I used to so I like traveling home and visiting for a couple weeks! I’m really grateful I have the opportunity to do this every year!
15. What tops your tree?
A glittery gold hummingbird in memory of my grandfather
16. What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve. The girls bake all day then we all get dressed up and go to mass then come home and eat! After supper we make mudslides and open gifts from each other then watch a Christmas movie!
17. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
GIVING! I love seeing the look on someone’s face when they really love a gift!
18. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Tollhouse pie!! Recipe here
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I would say Angels We Have Heard on High. I just love that song! It’s beautiful.
20. Candy canes! Yuck or yum?
21. What is your favorite Christmas special/movie?
This is a hard one! I LOVE Elf! That movie just kills me. I also love The Santa Clause and Home Alone.